Payment Systems, Politics, Opinion, Race, Current Events, Whatever is On My Genius Mind
Sunday, September 20, 2026
Why The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary Sucks (Post 1)
I never thought I would be in a position to write a blog post like this as it is off-topic and personal but I think for the public good and welfare of my home Province of Newfoundland Canada that I have to. I recently have come to the conclusion as a Lawyer of 30 years experience both internationallly and domestically that the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary ("RNC") should be immediately disbanded and replaced by the RoyalCanadian Mounted Police ("RCMP").
In my personal and professional opinion the RNC is a travesty of a "Police Force". I think it will be a miscarriage of Justice that the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador continue to be "policed" by the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary ("RNC") AND it shoud in fact be disbanded and replaced by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Anone who lives or has lived in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador is aware of the obvious and evident fact that the RNC has declined into a 2nd class 3rd rate Quasi-Police force that is a farce of its former self.
Anyone forced to interact with the "modern-day" RNC can immediately notce the obvious lack of professionalism and (in)competence amnogst its current ranks. Once a truly professional and honorable organization, the RNC's decline becomes imediately evident if you ever have the unfortunate occassion to interect with it. Not only are their ranks filled with physically smaller and athletically inferior "Constables" who are not even endowed with the physical attributes and athleticism necessary to conduct and perform the job of "Constable" safely, properly and professionally but they cannot even "Act" or "Look the part" by simply being professional. I unfortunately have had many 1st hand experieces both professinally as a Lawyer and personally as a resident of the island over the years to prove, validate and testify to this.
As a native life-long property owning Newfoundland-resident without a criminal record who has also worked as a Barrister & Solcitor and Criminal Prosecutor over the course of my diverse and varied Legal Career I can unfortuunately testify to this. Most recently, I was recently sitting alone on a park bench one sunny summer day literally "feeding the birds" during a morning walk when an RNC SUV with 2 RNC "Constables" piulled up in front of me and asked if I was "drunk yet". When I immediately requested their names and badge numbers they rolled up their windows and pulled away after flashing their lights which only added to my confusion).
Once back home I called the local detachment and reported this incident to the local Department's "Duty Sergeant". He took my report over the phone and asked if I would like to come to the precinct to "discuss the matter further". I said I would think it over but eventually declined.
However, not less than a week later I was arrested by an ethnic (Pakistani, Indian, Sr Lanken etc...) RNC Constable /Officer on a misdemeanor theft charge. This occurred after I sought to retrieve my used 2nd hand EMPTY backpack from a park bench that I had left unattended while I literally "walked around the park" in the morning as I routinely and regularly do by habit. This smaller ethcnic RNC "Constable"/"Officer" immediately arrested me when a long-haired derelict individual accused me of "Theft".
Being suprised, I was not sure whether to laugh or cry. This smaller aggressive ethnic non-Native Newfoundlander hard-handcuffed me and pushed me into the back of his SUV all the while addressing me by my 1st name in a farcically faux-friendly manner. He was obviously extremely happy and thrilled to be arresting me on a misdemeanor charge of "Theft" of a used backpack.
In retrospect I am very proud oy myself. Having worked in bars and Law Enforcemen ove the years and being 6'1" 240lbs with a Martial Arts background I actually had to restrain myself while being roughed around and manhandled by this smaller overly aggressive mini-Cop. Of course, I will be defending this summary conviction offense allegation of "theft" of a used 2nd hand backpack left on a park bench during a morning walk vigorously, completely and at my own time and expense if the local Crown Prosecution elects to (foolishly) proceed further.
PG
PS; Disband the RNC. Go RCMP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment