Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Second Skin (doesn't even mention Second Life ...)

Here is a preview of this most controversial, somewhat disturbing yet fascinating cinematic take on hard-core MMORG players and Virtual World addicts. Jessica Maguire at Gamasutra offers an insightful review of the film; "The title, Second Skin, seemed to imply this film documentary would address Linden Lab’s Second Life and the general impact of virtual worlds on personal identity. As the lights dimmed, I was excited to explore how interactive media is changing our experience of ourselves. But instead, I just wound up feeling sorry for the losers playing World of Warcraft. Not that I think WoW players are losers -- I don’t. But if my only contact with them were this film, I would." http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17881

No comments: