Sunday, March 9, 2008

Second Life Blogs-- 6x The Number Of WoW Blogs?

From New World Notes; "While hacking through the thicket of SL blogs new to my RSS reader, I tried counting the total number... and got so overwhelmed, I instead counted the number of blogs in my feed that weren't related to Second Life, and subtracted. On a hunch, I did a comparison, and came up with this:

Estimated number of SL blogs, based on my RSS feed: 190
Estimated number of WoW blogs, based on WoW Wiki: 32

Maybe this isn't a fair comparison. Does someone have a larger list of World of Warcraft blogs handy? But even if there were three times that number of blogs devoted to World of Warcraft, the contrast would still be striking. 190 bloggers out of 550,000 active users, versus 32 bloggers of 10,000,000 subscribers. There's a fair amount of user-created content associated with WoW, far as machinima, guilds, and so on-- why so few bloggers?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.