Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Looking For A Payment Architect
Payment Architect Wanted (and you get to live in Austin!) http://jobview.monster.com/Lead-Mobile-Banking-Payment-Architect-Job-San-Antoino-TX-US-85819969.aspx
Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission — to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 22,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #1 by Business Week in Customer Service, we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking a talented Lead Mobile Banking/Payment Architect for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB: Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in the development and implementation of key mobile initiatives. Independently performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution. Serves as the company's mobile visionary and mobile capability expert.
* Sets the future state for all mobile efforts and collaborates with project teams to implement the vision. Focuses on strategic company-wide processes and serves as the company's mobile capability expert.
* Anticipates opportunities and potential solutions, and leads team through the problem resolution process. Directs analyses, root cause identification and development and recommendation of key work products.
* Partners with all levels of management to include executive management, operational areas, and other groups to develop solutions for communication and transactional needs for mobile capabilities. Advises senior management on issues.
* Serves as team lead. Sets direction for mobile capability standards. Communicates conceptual ideas and design rationale to other members of the design, development, and client/business teams.
* Serves as the primary resource for cross-functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature. Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its products, and processes. Translates ideas into clear, efficient scope statements and integrates with different business areas.
* Develop conceptual UI models and presentations to acquire buy-in and funding for mobile capabilities.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* 10 years of Information Technology or Financial Services Industry experience.
* Expert knowledge of "web 2.0" and client/server methodologies.
* Expert knowledge of industry data sources and tools.
* Bachelors or Masters degree.
* 2+ years of experience with mobile banking
* 10+ years of payment background - thorough knowledge of the payments industry, networks and payment instruments.
* 10+ years of professional work with e-commerce, mobile or payments industry.
* 8+ years of e-commerce experience.
* 10+ years of experience with Project and Program Management disciplines.
* Ability to develop multi-year strategies and communicate those strategies to executive management.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* 5+ years of management experience.
* Business Architecture experience.
* Technical Architecture experience.
* Strong analytical and product management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into business requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
* Experience identifying and establishing scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
* Ability to create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of business and IT executives and subject matter experts.
* Ability to present complex ideas in a concise and objective manner.
* Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management skills and multi-tasking ability.
* Experience operating in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Attentive to detail, producing consistent, high quality, and reliable work with excellent planning, analytical, and time management skills.
* Ability to remain flexible, work independently and prioritize tasks.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good working relationships, and manage a variety of internal stakeholder needs.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.