Yup, the big kiddie virtual worlds, Sulake, Penguin, Webkinz, Neopets are being hit hard. Some of the reasons;
1. The economic downturn has figured prominently;
2. The fickle nature of children’s entertainment;
3. An oversaturation of virtual worlds aimed at youths;
4. Competition from new smartphone games;
5. Competition from social networking sites.
Webkinz.com, where children care for stuffed animals that come to life, registered about 3.8 million unique visitors in April, a 50 percent drop from a year ago. Neopets.com, owned by Viacom, suffered a 39 percent decline, to about 1.5 million.
The writing is on the wall for kiddie virtual worlds. So what do you do? Consolidate with other worlds and form a portfolio. And of course, GMAIL Paymentguy@gmail.com.