Payment Systems, Politics, Opinion, Race, Current Events, Whatever is On My Genius Mind
Wednesday, July 22, 2026
Drunk Driving Tragedy For Cop-Husband and Cop -Wife
A heartbroken Long Island cop described in court the devastating moment he responded to a crash - only to discover the victim was his wife.
Nassau County Police Officer Francisco Malaga was on patrol the morning of January 31 when he received a call about a crash in the Lake Grove section of neighboring Suffolk County.
But when he arrived on the scene Malaga found his wife, fellow Nassau County Police Officer Patricia Espinosa, 42, critically injured due to a drunk driver. He described the painful memory to Judge Timothy Mazzei at the sentencing for Matthew Smith, 21, on Tuesday, the New York Post reports.
'I thought I was responding to help someone I had never met. Instead, I found my wife, Patricia,' Malaga said through tears.
'Nothing in my years as a police officer prepared me for that moment,' he continued.
'I watched the love of my life slip away - and that image will stay with me the rest of my life.'
Smith had a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit when he blew through a red light at around 70mph in a 30mph zone, slamming his Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck into Espinosa's Alfa Romeo.
He pleaded guilty last month to aggravated vehicular homicide, manslaughter, aggravated vehicular assault, assault and aggravated driving while intoxicated.
https://www.dailymail.com/news/article-15995023/Patricia-Espinosa-Matthew-Smith-drunk-driver.html
Maybe the death penalty, or at least Life Imprisonment, for such a terribly heinous, senseless and attroscious Crime? Personally, I'd sentence the drunk driver Matthew Smith aged 21 to 50 years THEN DEATH PENALTY by gas, lethal injection or even hanging @ age 71...
Awful. RIP.
PG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment