Thursday, March 20, 2008

Virtual Hero of the Week (Philip Rosedale!)


This was a crazy week for PR the PR maestro but he is still the Virtual World Yahweh and for being such a remarkable fellow and true visionary PaymentGuy recognizes Philip Rosedale as Virtual Hero of the week. Congrats Mr, Chairman! From the Linden Blog; "Changing my Job - Friday, March 14th, 2008 at 10:20 AM by: Philip Linden "We’ve decided to search for a new CEO, and I wanted to briefly talk to everyone here about the reasons for that decision. I feel that the most important contributions I have made and will continue to make to Second Life are related to building both the product and the company through my direct contributions to vision, strategy, and design. As we grow, the role of our CEO will increasingly be to hire and grow the right team - to lead and help the company scale - to thousands of people and tens of millions of users of Second Life. I believe that we can hire a fantastic person in that role, and also give me the ability to totally focus myself on the job that I do well. I bet this will be the most interesting job opening in the technology world. As to title, I will become chairman of the board. I will be 100% involved and fulltime at Linden Lab. Second Life is my life’s work, and I am not going anywhere! I will focus on product strategy and vision, continuing to design the right kind of company, and being an effective communicator and evangelist about Second Life. As a community member, you will probably see more of me in-world. Again, this is a decision driven by my desire to best grow SL and match my job to both our needs and my passions. We don’t have a specific timeline, and I don’t expect my job to change while we are looking for someone. We’ll organize some further conversations in SL on this topic soon, and as always, feel free to talk to me about this if you run into me in-world. This entry was posted on Friday, March 14th, 2008 at 10:20 AM and is filed under -Miscellaneous. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site."

No comments: