Monday, October 12, 2009
ONE Prepaid Cards
Open Network Entertainment (ONE) http://opennetworkent.com/about.html has released its ONE Power-Up Game Card with InComm. The card will support online games, social games, and virtual worlds in a way that allows users to redeem only part of the card's value at any particular destination app. Cards are currently available at Rite-Aid Pharmacy across America. http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091012005223&newsLang=en
This is a JV between American and Korean payment companies with Incomm doing the distribution. The concept is excellent and has some very cool features; players can learn about and preview new games, engage in micro-transactions, pay monthly subscriptions, reload their ONE Power Pay Account. This eliminates keeping track of balances on multiple cards. Some features include:
1. Multiple online destinations; redeem full or partial card balances – The ONE universal card is accepted across multiple properties from games to virtual worlds in which consumers can complete secure transactions across multiple properties in a secure setting. Users must register at www.ONEgamecard.com to support partial redemptions.
2. Value-add promotional items – ONE power-ups the player’s experience by providing added value, from extra points to unique in-game bonus items, when they use the card.
3. Parental power – The ONE Power-Up Game Card empowers parents to control when and where their children spend online. ONE also plans on launching an age/rating specific card that uses the ESRB standards to create a payment experience that operates only on games appropriate to the user’s age.
4. Player education – Consumers can quickly and easily learn about and preview new games, access individual game summaries that provide interesting and useful information, strategies, characters and virtual goods.
5. Easy-to-use interface – Consumers simply purchase the card, visit www.ONE gamecard.com to register with the ONE Power Pay Service and set up their Power Code, allowing them to securely redeem balances from their account, whenever and wherever they want.
6. Flexibility – The ONE Power-Up Game Card platform will support redemptions at participating game, virtual world and social network sites as well as ONEgamecard.com.
Very cool. Now to be successful they need vw publishers and mmo's to sign up...